Sunday, January 12, 2014

Banana Breakfast Bites

So I am all about making treats for my dogs. I feel good knowing what is goig into them & knowing they're good for my dogs. I have one that has allergies so I really pay attention for her. My mil bought me this wonderful book for Christmas. I would not mind finding more of these books! I made my first couple recipes from it. :-) I am working on cutting back on how much dry food I give the dogs. Last night I made a shepards pie. I mixed it with some dry food & a couple spoonfuls of yogurt. Between the two it should get me through the week. I figure if I stick to the bigger recipes out of the book I should be able to make one recipe a week and help cut my cost of dry food which is a good thing.

This is the book I got. You can also get a kindle edition for those kindle users. It is available on amazon & possibly b & n:

Home Cooking for your dog


This is one of the many recipes that is in it:


Here is the final product. I probably could have made smaller treats but I use a small ice cream scoop. I almost need a little melon scoop or something for even smaller ones

??


My dogs seemed to really enjoy them & the recipe was super easy to make!! I had no idea bananas were good for dogs but apparently they are or it wouldn't have been in the recipe. There is a page in the book that lists what is bad for dogs as well as another page that lists items that are good for dogs. 

If you're looking to make some treats or food for your dog I do recommend this book. Easy recipes and all ingredients you can buy at the store. ;-) some stuff you may even have on hand. I tend to keep a few of the items on hand for us as a family. :)

Looking forward to trying a few more recipes! I have another treat recipe I wanna try & with any treat recipe you make from home I do recommend freezing them. My dogs eat the treats frozen and never have a problem. They go moldy though if you don't. You don't want moldy treats! 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool, I will love this have this book. my dog loves eating treats and this seem great. thank you, i put this on my to but list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) I've been making dog treats for years now but it's always been the same recipe. I am so excited to try others. There are lots to try & if I run out I am sure there are other books. :)

      Delete