Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Handprint Santas


These are really cute. My sister actually got it off a Facebook page Holidays. I thought they were adorable! Well We did them. I did not use this particular recipe though. I used a regular salt dough recipe. I think even still they turned out really well though. We did ours backwards. you can tell that the hat faces a different direction. I didnt mean for that to happen. I didnt realize it either till after we baked them. oops! We also didnt paint ours. I chose to use a crayon & sharpie. I bet i could have spray painted it white and went over with cover. i didnt think about it. I also did modge podge on it to seal them up. I read that that works for sealing the salt dough ornaments. I used varnish last year and wasnt happy with how a lot of them have cracks and stuff so i thought i would try something else i had on hand. 

Before i put the white on and before the modge podge


After


I think they turned out really adorable. That's just me though. I glittered after I Modge Podged.

This is the recipe I used for my salt dough:

Salt Dough Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment